General Terms & Conditions
Please ensure you are able to participate in our sessions safely, this includes your ability to safely participate in physical exercise, breath work and meditation practices. If you are unsure please consult a registered medical practitioner before booking online and coming to a session with us.
By signing up to classes, you affirm that you are in good health and physical condition to participate in physical activities. You have the responsibility to discuss any health concerns with a health care professional and to make the instructor aware of any medical conditions or physical limitations before class. If you are pregnant, become pregnant or are post-natal, post-surgical, or have an existing medical condition, by signing up to class you confirm that you have physician's approval to participate.
By participating in classes, you acknowledge that Qigong and Yoga includes physical movements which inherently carries with it the risk of personal injury, property damage or death. By booking you assume full responsibility for any and all damages, which may incur through participation. If you experience any pain or discomfort, you agree to discontinue the activity, and ask for support from the instructor.
By attending our classes and workshops, you confirm that you voluntarily participate in them with full knowledge that you have the personal responsibility and the permission from your instructor to do whatever you need to in order to look after yourself, including resting if you need to.
We reserve the right to change conditions of class terms, hours of operation, services offered and all fees and charges, at any time, at our sole discretion. Any changes will be notified to you through either a newsletter published from time to time, the website, or emailing to your last known address.
Please keep us informed of any change in your contact details, bank accounts or credit card details for payment, or any other information relevant to your practice with us. We are not responsible for any loss as a result of any out of date or incorrect information provided to us.
Your email details will be entered into our secure database upon signing up to a class/workshop. If you prefer not to receive email updates, then please unsubscribe from further communication.
Please ensure that you arrive 10 minutes prior to the advertised start time to avoid disappointment. The door to the studio may be locked at the beginning of each class/workshop for safety and security. No late entry is permitted.
We accept online payments via PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to make purchases this way. If you do require an alternative payment method, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are not responsible for the safekeeping of your belongings before, during or after the class/workshop.
Please choose your purchases carefully as all purchases are final. We do not offer refunds on services (classes/workshops/mentorship) or products for change of mind, missed classes, late classes, injury, illness or change of address.
Classes and workshops (including term blocks) must be paid for in advance and online.
All passes are valid for the period indicated. Class passes become invalid after expiry.
Missed classes for block or term bookings are forfeited unless prior arrangements are made before the block/term, starts, please email email@example.com before making a block or term purchase if you need to discuss this.
Every possible effort is made to deliver classes and services on time as advertised. However, the schedule is subject to change or cancellation without notice. If classes are cancelled or rescheduled, a refund of the amount equivalent only to the cancelled or rescheduled class will be offered.
- Payment for private lesson is required upon booking online.
- Out of consideration for our teachers, a minimum of 24 hours is required to cancel or reschedule private lessons. This must be via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellation or time change within 24hours will result in a 100% fee being charged. ‘No Show’ appointments are also charged at full price.
- A cancellation prior to 24 hours in writing will result in the session being rescheduled at a mutally convenient time/day.
- Arriving late may unfortunately limit the time allocated for your session.
- Please note that all fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Mentorship and Programs
- All fees must be paid on time in order to commence the Mentorship or Program. All Mentorship Packages and Programs are non transferable and non refundable.
- If payment plans have been agreed, all payments must be made on time in order to proceed with the Program.
- In either case you are responsible for the full payment of fees for the entire Program regardless of whether you actually attend, complete or use all of the component events, products or inclusions (as applicable).
- Your payment plan will be set up through PayPal unless otherwise agreed.
- All Programs must be completed within the stated program terms. There will be no credit for enrolments not completed within this time.
- The sessions will be delivered by phone call, Skype, Zoom or other as appropriate.
- If you cancel a single session within 24 hours of the appointment your session will be forfeited. A minimum of 24 hours is required to reschedule an appointment.
Financial, legal and medical advice disclaimer
- The information provided during or in relation to the classes, workshops mentorship packages or programs is for general purposes only and it does not purport to be comprehensive or to render specific advice. Nor should it be regarded as financial, legal or medical advice. This disclaimer does not purport to exclude any warranties implied by law which may not be lawfully excluded.
- All material on www.leoniebeck.com and within classes, workshops and relating to the Mentorship Program or Package for which you are enrolling whether presented during, before or after the Program, are subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights. The copyright in all such materials remains the property of their owners, including those belonging to Leonie Beck and may not be recorded, used or reproduced, without the written permission of the copyright owner. You agree not to do anything, at any time that would infringe the intellectual property rights in such materials.
- Group programs, classes, events and workshops may be recorded and these recordings may be sold as stand alone programs in the future. By participating in any group program, event, retreat or Mentorship session with Leonie Beck you consent to having your voice and/or image recorded and these recordings sold at a later date. You also agree that there will be no financial or other form of compensation for you for this. In the event you choose not to allow the use of the same for said purpose, you agree you must inform Leonie Beck of this in writing to email@example.com BEFORE the start of the group program/class/workshop/event/mentorship session.
Privacy & Confidentiality
- I respect your privacy and must insist that you respect the privacy of other fellow participants in group programs. You agree not to disclose proprietary information, ideas, plans and trade secrets that are disclosed by other Participants in confidence, nor to violate the publicity, privacy or intellectual rights of any Program participant.
Waiver and Release of Liability Leonie Beck
In consideration of Leonie Beck allowing me to participate, I acknowledge, understand and I am aware that:
- I have voluntarily chosen to participate in the activities provided by Leonie Beck and I understand there are inherent risks in all aspects of physical activity and I acknowledge that I have been informed of the possible strenuous nature of the activity and the potential for undesirable results including, but not limited to, abnormal blood pressure, muscle soreness, fainting, heart attack and/or death.
- I understands that the activity may involve movements, postures, strenuous bodyweight exercises and other moderate to high exertion activities, and that I am not obligated to perform nor participate in any activity that I do not wish to do, and that it is my right to refuse such participation at any time during the sessions.
- I understand that should I feel lightheaded, faint, dizzy, nauseated, or experience pain or discomfort, I am to stop the activity and inform my instructor. I give Leonie Beck and the staff of the facilities where sessions take place permission to seek emergency medical services for me should I become injured or ill with the understanding that I am responsible for any expense incurred.
- I agree to WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may have in the future against Leonie Beck, and its directors, volunteers and independent contractors (all of whom are hereinafter collectively referred to as “the Releasees”).
- I agree to RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer as a result of my participation in the programs, activities and services provided by Leonie Beck, due to any cause whatsoever including negligence, breach of contract, or breach of any s tatutory or other duty of care.
- I agree to HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any damage to the property pf, or personal injury to, any third party, resulting from my participation in any program, activity or service provided by the releasees.
- This agreement shall be binding upon me, my successors, representatives, heirs, executors, assigns, or transferees. If any portion of this agreement is held invalid, I agree that the remainder of the agreement shall remain in full legal force and effect.
- Use of picture(s)/film/likeness
- I agree to allow Leonie Beck, its agents, officers, principals, employees and volunteers to use picture(s), film and/or likeness of me for advertising purposes.
- In the event I choose not to allow the use of the same for said purpose, I agree that I must inform Leonie Beck of this in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY ACCEPTING THIS “INFORMED CONSENT FORM” I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGEAL RIGHTS (INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE) WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTOR, ADMINISTERS AND ASSIGNS MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES. ANY QUESTIONS I HAD WERE ANSWERED TO MY FULL SATISFACTION